Mold Blog

Mold Could Be Why You Feel Sick All the Time at Home

We get so many clients that talk about feeling sick at home but feeling fine when they are at work. That seems backwards…right? Our homes should be our “feel good” havens, not what makes us feel sick.

A common occurrence is that there has been some type of water damage in the home that the property owner is not aware of.

There are many different sources that are not readily apparent. This can include hidden slow leaks behind cabinets, a leaking window, a leaking shower pan, hydrostatic pressure from

the ground, etc. When moisture is present, mold is not far behind…especially in our tropical paradise.

When moisture problems occur and mold growth results, there are different reactions a person can be feeling as a result.

The CDC states this the best.. “Most people will not be harmed by most molds and most molds will not harm most people.

However, some people will be harmed by any mold and some molds will harm anyone.”

Those most susceptible to mold toxins have high allergies, lowered immunities, the very young and the very old.

Also, the possibility of different levels of mold exposure sensitivity must always be considered when evaluating potential health risks. Some indicators that you may have a mold concern are:

  • Breathing difficulties
  • Headaches
  • Burning Eyes
  • Skin Rash
  • Chronic Fatigue
  • Constant Runny Nose & Cough
  • Allergic Reactions
  • Fever

If you are experiencing regular symptoms like these, you should consider having your home evaluated and tested for mold toxins.

As always, prevention is the best cure. The most impactive thing that mold needs to grow is moisture.

If you have moisture in the home, get it dried up immediately. Contact Lightning Restoration for a free evaluation to make sure that hidden moisture has dried up, so you do not get a Mold problem!